Friday, February 23, 2007

Frideo. This weeks installment is a music video, a cover of Roger Miller's "King of the Road" by The Proclaimers. Who are The Proclaimers, you ask? Well, they are the Scottish one-hit wonder that blessed the world with the single "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)". You know, "... I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more..."

Anyways, I'm not entirely sure why I like this video so much. Part of it is the accent, I think. It is also an interesting combination of cool and nerd: I love the way the two pull off wearing the tuxes and the bling and those giant glasses. The song itself is incredibly catchy, and this laid-back rendition is excellent. Check it out:

7 comments:

PietHarsevoort said...

Whatever it is, its quality.

Anonymous said...

classic!

John den Boer said...

Nice video. I like the new look, Piet.

peace

PietHarsevoort said...

Thanks John. I see now that we have the same template although different colour scheme. Proof of our shared good taste, I guess.

John den Boer said...

Yeah, our taste is unparalleled.

Jake Belder said...

Man, I go away for a week, and you go nuts on blogging and redesigning. I've got some catching up to do :) Nice look though, I like it

PietHarsevoort said...

It's still doesn't compete with "blue skies and the open road" but at least I no longer think my blog is ugly.